Saturday, September 6, 2008

Training

Next weekend I'm going to run a 5k at my company picnic. No big deal, I already run 3-3.5 miles 3-4 times a week.

October 19, 2008 is the Duke City Marathon. I thought about trying to do a half marathon but quickly realized I've never run that distance, or any distance close to it at one time. Maybe I'll try some other time. So the 5k it is, the best part my company is paying the entry fee's.

www.dukecitymarathon.com

I can't wait!

3 comments:

Rachel Clare said...

Try reading the non-runner's marathon guide. It will get you excited to do any of the long distances. I got excited, got to 14 miles, hurt my knee, and move to Portland. Thus I didn't finish my goal, but I am going to do it again.... sometime.

You rock.

Rachel Clare said...

that was JT, not RC.

JRN said...

If you keep up that commute you'll be fine. When I come out in Jan/Feb we'll find a good race to run.