Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saftey Picnic

This is my companies annual picnic. Because we are a mining company, instead of calling it a company picnic they try to promote safety and call it a safety picnic.

So what kind of stuff do you do when you have a picnic for over 1000 employees and their families. How about softball, basketball, and horseshoe tournaments to go with 5k run, bouncy houses, free food, and an Elvis impersonator.


This is what a park looks like in the southwest when you don't irrigate. Isn't it brown!


Below is my gold medal for running in the 5k. I finished it in 27:42 it wasn't my best time but it was OK. Half the course was up hill. The course started at the top of the hill, the mid point was at the bottom, and the last half was going back up the hill. So I'm happy with that time but I hope to do better next month.


We could also participate in a health assessment for free. During this they measured our blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, body mass index (BMI), and body fat. You'll all be happy to know I was normal for everything except my BMI was a little high, but I already knew that. I've also lost over 20 pounds since March.

2 comments:

JT said...

Look at those two sexy reclamationists!!! What park is that? Congrats on the run and the weight loss!!

JRN said...

Talley Park